Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Havre de Grace

Havre de Grace has been an excellent spot to wait out bad weather.  It was raining this morning and pouring buckets this evening.  Our $30 mooring at the Tidewater Marina gave us access to their courtesy van which we used to go to ShopRite, Home Depot, and the local "Fluff & Fold" laundromat.  We should have taken a picture of all the goodies we loaded the dinghy with.  We barely fit.  I hoped that I had put enough gas in the engine because it was blowing hard, the water was choppy and the current was strong. Even if I could reach the oars, I couldn't row fast enough to reach our nearby boat.  We made it without a problem but the dinghy was pretty bouncey on the stern of Symphony.  We have a unique locking device made from Weaver Brackets that locks the side of our dinghy to the back of our boat.  It means that Maryanne can stand on a relatively stable platform - the side of the dinghy - as she climbs up the transom.  Our set up on the transom was conceived and crafted by Jay, the owner of Merri-Mar Yacht Basin, Inc.  We have a number of modifications to our boat that make it much more comfortable thanks to Jay, his son, and the staff at Merri-Mar.

I have been very frustrated with the poor reception of my FM radio.  The trip to Radio Shack gave me the last items I needed to connect the radio to the antenna splitter that is used for my VHF and AIS.  Now the antenna on the top of the mast is my FM antenna as long as I am not using my AIS or VHF.  We can once again enjoy NPR at anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment