Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Melbourne

Melbourne did a nice job with what would otherwise be an
ugly underpass at the end of our marina.
Yeesh!  The wind was making terrible noises last night.  I didn't think I could get to sleep with the howling noise and wires rattling in the mast but sleep is something I'm pretty good at.  The Melbourne Harbor Marina is very well protected and I'm sure I slept much better there than I would have out on an anchor.

We are going to sit out the cold weather today - 40 degrees when we got up this morning - even though it is warm enough in the cockpit with our enclosure.  Tomorrow we head for Vero Beach where my parents lived for more than 10 years.  I really wish they could have seen us and our boat there.

This poor thing looked so cold this morning!  It didn't even
move when I walked by.

No comments:

Post a Comment